Japanese Language Specialist, Global eTravel - Relocate to Bangkok
Our client is looking for a talented Language Specialist, to take ownership of website content in Japanese in order to provide a good customer experience for the Japanese speaking market. In this role you will be translating content, finding new ideas for better localisation, as well as making recommendations on the overall look and feel of the product.
* You will be a native level Japanese speaker
* You'll have a Bachelor's degree, highly organised with great time management skills
* Excellent English language and translation skills
* You'll also be a bit of a whizz kid with online searching tools!
* At least 2 years' full-time experience as a translator - Travel, Advertising or Publishing background is a definite plus
* Solid Japanese copy-writing experience
About our client:
They are one of the fastest growing online hotel booking platforms in Asia, with a global footprint. Despite the success and size of the company, they still operate with a start-up feel.
Based in one of Asia's most dynamic cities, Bangkok provides a setting like no other: edgy, luxurious, impossibly sensatorial, endlessly layered. This role offers the perfect junction of a globally-minded career and the heart of Asian travel.
About the role:
You will work on targeted strategies to increase visibility on the company brand and optimise marketing efforts across the Japanese market. The Language Specialist will report to the Foreign Language Operations Manager.
* Maintain quality of website content translation/localisation
* Provide localisation ideas and add a linguistic perspective to development
* Translate English content (site updates, hotel content, press releases, travel articles, promotional emails and newsletters) closely following the company brand and language guidelines
* Recruit, manage and supervise freelancers
* Ensure freelance translations meet required quality standards
* Conduct website reviews for inconsistencies and localisation issues
* Analyse language specific data to optimise website and campaign performance
* Conduct marketing activities to increase visibility of the company and website traffic within the target market
* Assist other departments in their daily requests
* Perform ad-hoc administrative duties
Sounds like a great fit? Then please apply with your CV today.
NB: All CVs must be in English to be considered.
This position is open to local and international applications, for overseas persons the role comes with a generous relocation package and visa sponsorship, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
A contractar Agora